Yanik S. Guilbault
Partner / Mediator
I handle the legal details, so you can focus on getting back to the important things in your life.
Yanik S. Guilbault is a partner at Sicotte Guilbault since 2004. Yanik earned his law degree in 1997 (University of Ottawa French Common Law Program) and was called to the Ontario bar in 1999 (LL.B and Juris Doctor)). His practice consists of general litigation matters (family law and civil litigation) and real estate law. He is considered one of Ottawa's leading bilingual litigators. Yanik's extensive court room experience (Superior Court of Justice and Court of Appeal) compliments his ability as a negotiator and mediator in the most difficult and complex cases.
Yanik's extensive experience dealing with corporate and business issues as well as support issues in the family law context has assisted and helped him in the representation of some of Ottawa's most prominent citizens and leaders in the business community while working very closely with accountant experts and chartered business valuators.
Yanik also has expertise using alternative dispute mechanisms such as mediation and arbitration and court intervention when required in high conflict disputes. Yanik has been acting as mediator for an number of years offering his services in both official languages.
COMPETENCIES FOR YANIK
- Separation and Divorce (which includes mediation services)
- Division of Property (which includes determination of value of businesses, pension plans)
- Spousal and Child Support (which includes determination of available income of businesspersons)
- Parenting Issues (decision-making authority and parenting schedules)
- Domestic Contracts (Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts, Cohabitation Agreements)
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Residential & Commercial real estate purchases and sales
- General Litigation
CONTACT ME DIRECTLY
Have a question for me? I’m always happy to help out!
How can I help? Direct line: (613) 751-4488